The race starts in Barruera and climbs towards the village of Erill la Vall, with the first kilometer of the course running along a narrow trail that forces runners to fall into place before leading to a fast trail to Erill. With its extremely slight grade this section of the race can be run very quickly.
These first kilometers share the course with the Ultra race, but the half marathon continues along the Camí de l’Aigua along a shady path to the intersection with the Montanyeta valley, where the trail begins a fairly straight 500-meter climb with uneven terrain through the forest. At the end of this climb runners will find themselves at the top of valley and will enter high-mountain terrain at 2,000 meters above sea level, running along the Comaminyana valley to the peak of the same name, at 2,619 meters the highest point of the race with spectacular views of the Barrabés, Boí and Sant Nicolau valleys, and famous mountains like Bessiberris, which it feels like you can touch, Punta Alta and Aneto; and, of course, the summit of Roies de Cardet, site of the popular “Vertical Kilometer” race.
The course continues from the top of Comaminyana along an open ridge that boasts the same outstanding views, descending to Port de la Gelada (once again along the same course as the Ultra). The trail then continues downhill through high-mountain meadows and an open valley, passing by the Sant Salvador hermitage, and ends back in Barruera, where you pass through the village to reach the finish line.
Only two sections of the course are on asphalt: through the village of Erill and at the entrance to Barruera. The rest of the race is ALL run on trails and high-mountain areas, at times without any trails or paths.
Program BUFF® Epic Trail 26KM
4 - 8 p.m.
6 - 7.30 a.m.
Registration - 26KM – 1.798M+
- Bib and chip of single use
- Refreshments during the race
- Accident insurance
- Medical Service
- Finisher gift for the participants who finish the race
- Categories men’s & women’s; Junior – from 15 years, Veteran – from 18 years, Master – over 40 years
- The date to be considered in the category Master will be the one that will take place on the 31st of December of any of the competition.
- The minimum age will be of 15 years on the race date
- Tutorial authorization will be accepted for people who turn 18 before December 31st.
- Registration limited to 700 participants
- 24.11.20 - 09.12.20 42€
- 19.12.20 - 02.05.21 46€
- 03.05.2021 50€
By registering, each runner makes the following undertaking:
- I declare that I have read and understood the BUFF® Epic Trail regulations
- I understand and accept the conditions of participation as laid down in the regulations
- I undertake to comply with all stipulations of said regulations
- I declare that I am aware of all medical contraindications that may be caused by participation in the race and I discharge the organizers of liability for any problem that may arise during the race and is not considered negligence on my part.
- Date: 10.07.21
- Start: 8 a.m.
- Distance: 26KM
- Accumulated elevation: 3.596M
- Max. Altitude: 2.619M
- Min. Altitude: 1.095M
- Max: 6h