The BUFF® Epic Trail 12km is a popular short-distance race that goes through a non-technical and pleasant route, paths without difficulty and with 480m of elevation gain. It consists of a circular itinerary in the lower area of the Vall de Boí. The start and finish line is located in Barruera.
Program BUFF® Epic Trail 12KM
16.00 - 20.00h
07.30 - 09.00h
Registration - 12KM – 480M+
- Bib and chip of single use
- Refreshments during the race
- Accident insurance
- Medical Service
- Finisher gift for the participants who finish the race
- The minimum age will be of 15 years on the race date
- Registration limited to 700 participants
- 24.11.20 - 09.12.20 23€
- 19.12.20 - 02.05.21 25€
- 03.05.2021 33€
By registering, each runner makes the following undertaking:
- I declare that I have read and understood the BUFF® Epic Trail regulations
- I understand and accept the conditions of participation as laid down in the regulations
- I undertake to comply with all stipulations of said regulations
- I declare that I am aware of all medical contraindications that may be caused by participation in the race and I discharge the organizers of liability for any problem that may arise during the race and is not considered negligence on my part.
- Date: 11.07.21
- Start: 9.30h
- Distance: 12KM
- Accumulated elevation: 960M
- Max. Altitude: 1.474M
- Min. Altitude: 1.096M
- Max: 5h
Distance and Elevation Profile
12km BUFF® Epic Trail: A footrace with an elevation gain of 480 m, which starts and finishes in Barruera and is run on traditional paths in the lower region of the Vall de Boí.
ETHICS AND VALUES
The 12km BUFF® Epic Trail is guided by ethics and other essential values shared by the runners, sponsors, volunteers and organisers. And this commitment is certified by the Mountain Parks seal of approval.
Do not leave rubbish behind; use the bins available; respect the flora and fauna; do not leave the signposted route and do not take short-cuts. The race organisers will always use reusable or recyclable materials whenever possible and sort waste (batteries, paper, plastic, etc.). The course markers, placed on foot, will be collected the very same day.
The course will be cleaned immediately after the final runner finishes. The use of paper for communication will be kept to a minimum, and electronic media will be used whenever possible.
The respect for the runners, volunteers, sponsors and public are a primordial part of BUFF® Epic Trail Vall de Boí.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
1.4. MINIMUM AGE
Registration is open to anyone who turns 15 during the year of the event.
1.5. RUNNER’S DECLARATION
To register for the event, participants must accept the regulations and exempt the organisers from any liability in the event of an accident or personal injury sustained during or after the competition. This declaration must be made when registering or when collecting the race bib.
The organisers will have accident insurance covering all participants registered in the event.
1.7. IMAGE RIGHTS
By registering, participants renounce the use of their image rights and authorise the organisers and their sponsors to freely use and publish all photographs or videos taken as part of the event.
The maximum number of participants will be 700.
The registration period will run until 02.07.2021
1.9. REGISTRATION FEE REFUNDS
CANCELLATION OF A REGISTRATION
Any cancellation of registration must be made by email to: email@example.com. Cancellations by phone will not be accepted. Payment of the registration refund will be made by crediting the card used at the time of registration, according to the following conditions. The organization also makes available to runners the hiring of cancellation insurance.
(No cancellation insurance)
|% of the amount paid for registration|
|Until day 09/12/2020||75%|
|From 10/12/20 to 31/05/2021||50%|
|From 01/06/2021 to 20/06/2021||30%|
|After June 20, 2021, no refund will be made.|
REGISTRATION CANCELLATION INSURANCE
The organization offers Cancellation Insurance in which 100% of the registration will be returned to all those runners who have contracted this service and have presented a document proving the seriousness and / or major cause of the withdrawal.
This refund will only be made up to 15 days before the start of the test. After this date, no registration will be refunded.
The purpose of the cancellation insurance contracted is to allow the full cost reimbursement of the number, if a participant requests to cancel their registration exclusively for the following reasons:
- Continued injury that prevents participation in the test.
- An accident, serious illness, serious accident, or death of the runner.
- A serious illness that requires hospitalization, serious accident or the death of your spouse or common-law partner or their ascendants or descendants in the first degree in the 30 days preceding the event or during the event.
- A pregnancy of the registered runner or the birth of a baby in the 15 days before or after the race.
- Having suffered Covid-19 30 days prior to the event and preventing them from attending the event.
- Being confined due to Covid-19 by government order at the time of the event or 15 days before.
- Summons as a witness or jury before a criminal or civil court.
- Summons as a member of a polling station.
- The presentation to official opposition exams.
- Serious damages caused by fire, explosion, theft or by force of nature, in his main residence or in his professional premises if the insured carries out economic activity there and his presence is imperatively necessary.
- Due to the insured’s job dismissal.
In cancellations related to health, it will be necessary to provide a medical certificate signed and stamped by the doctor confirming the contraindication to participate in the race or any other type of official documentation. For any of the other causes of cancellation, they must be duly justified by official documentation proving the attendance.
The cancellation of a registration or non-participation in the race in which it is registered does not allow to benefit from a registration priority in subsequent years.
Those runners registered in the 2020 edition may also process the cancellation insurance, to be covered with the same conditions. They will be able to process the contract until 01/31/2021.
The registrations corresponding to the transfer of the 2020 registration, will be subject to the conditions of cancellation and cancellation of the registration of 2021 as well as the conditions in case of cancellation due to the pandemic.
CANCELLATION INSURANCE PRICE:
- 68KM 10 €
- 42KM 10 €
- 26KM 5 €
- 12KM 5 €
- KV 5 €
The cancellation guarantee must be contracted at the same time of registration.
Prices include VAT (21%). Registration fees include all the services described in these regulations.
|DISTANCIA||24/11/20 to 9/12/20||10/12/20 to 02/05/21||3/5/2021|
|68KM||78 €||86 €||90 €|
|42KM||60 €||66 €||72 €|
|26KM||42 €||46 €||50 €|
|12KM||23 €||25 €||33 €|
|KV||25 €||28 €||35 €|
CANCELLATION OF REGISTRATION OR EVENT DUE TO PANDEMIC
In case of total cancellation or postponement of the event by government order due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the following conditions will apply (to be chosen by each participant):
- Transfer of registration to the 2022 edition.
- Refund of 75% of the total registration to those who do not have cancellation insurance contracted and 100% to those who do have cancellation insurance contracted.
- The amount paid for the insurance will not be reimbursed in any case.
- In case of postponement of the test, participants who do not have cancellation insurance may transfer their registration to a partner, but they will not be able to recover the registration fee if they do not wish / can participate in the new alternative dates.
RACE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.10. CUT-OFF TIMES
The 12km BUFF® Epic Trail Marathon is a top-level event that should only be run by trail runners in peak physical condition. It is not a walk; though the cut-off times are not demanding, they will be enforced.
There are various cut-off times. The race organisers may modify these times at any time. Any runners who wish to continue the route, despite exceeding the cut-off times, will no longer be considered part of the race and will run at their own liability, after returning the race bib and chip to the organisers.
1.11. REFRESHMENT STATIONS
The route includes various kinds of refreshment stations:
Solids/light (drinks, sweet snacks, savoury snacks)
1.12. RACE BIBS
Runners must show a photo ID to collect their race bibs. Under no circumstances may the race bibs be exchanged with a third person. Under no circumstances will the race bibs or gifts be sent to the runners’ homes if they have not taken part in the race.
Race bibs may not be manipulated or cut and must be visible for the duration of the race.
The organisers will not disclose the number or location of the checkpoints. Several random equipment checks may be performed during the race.
Runners are required to pass through all checkpoints set up for that purpose, including at the start and finish lines.
If the event is stopped or suspended at any point along the course, the ranking will be determined by the order and time of arrival to such point or, failing this, at the last checkpoint passed.
1.15. REQUIRED AND RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT
By default, all runners, without exception, must have the following items in order to participate in the 12km BUFF® Epic Trail.
Cup for liquid refreshments: for environmental reasons, cups will not be provided at the refreshment stations for fluid replacement.
- Hat or tubular: which covers the entire head.
- Mobile telephone
- Sun cream
- Anti-chafing cream
The race organisers will announce during the pre-race briefing if any required equipment will become optional due to weather conditions.
Personal assistance is only permitted at refreshment stations. Outside these specific zones, racers are forbidden from being accompanied by or receiving refreshments from anyone not registered in the race.
1.17. VOLUNTARY WITHDRAWAL
Except in the case of injury, runners may only withdraw from the race at an established checkpoint. If this point is not accessible by vehicle, the runner must make his or her own way to the nearest evacuation point. Racers may not leave the marked course without informing the organisers and being duly authorised to do so. Participants are required to check in at any timekeeping checkpoints.
1.18. MANDATORY WITHDRAWAL
The organisers may temporarily hold runners or require them to withdraw from the race if their condition is deemed dangerous to their personal integrity or safety.
In the event of inclement weather or force majeure, the organisers reserve the right to suspend, neutralise or modify the cut-off times and/or course and refreshment stations. In this case, the registration fees will not be returned.
1.20. PENALTIES OR DISQUALIFICATION
The race stewards are responsible for enforcing the FEDME and international ISF regulations and are authorised to impose the established penalties or disqualifications.
Appeals may be lodged with the race jury.
CATEGORIES AND PRIZES
Men’s and Women’s Youth A: 15, 16 and 17 years old
Men’s and Women’s General: 18 and older
Men’s and Women’s Seniors: 40 and older
The age that will be taken into account for these categories is the age of the participant on 31 December of the year of the race.
The trophies must be collected with the race bib, at the place and during the times indicated by the organisers.
Under no circumstances will they be sent to the runner’s home.
Trophies will be awarded to the first three male and female finishers in each category.
All runners who complete the race will receive the corresponding gift.